Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bah Humbug Something New

This week's challenge from Humbug Hall was to use or do Something New.  You know how I like to do things up BIG so I used new stamps, new techniques, a new die and new pens.  So, this will fulfill the challenge on many different levels.

Over the summer I bought a few ProMarkers.  I'm loving them so far and use them with my markers from Dick Blick.  To make the trees on the card base, I used the pens and colored a couple of Darkroom Door Rubber stamps. That is my new technique.  I've never colored stamps with a pen before.

I'm in love with these Darkroom Door stamps (these came from the Yuletide Collection).  I received a very exciting email this morning from my pals over at Darkroom Door.  They have some new stamps on pre-order.  I'm salivating over the London set and the string sentiments.  I suggest you check them out if you like detailed rubber stamps.

The wreath is from the Flourishes set, Christmas Classics.

My favorite new thing on this card, I finally purchased one of the lattice dies from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I've been eyeing this die for at least 6 months so when my LSS started carrying them, I decided it was time to bite the bullet.  I'm not sorry I purchased it.

However, the best part of the something new for today -- The Wonderkid is in a NEW school year.  It is amazing how much time one little 4 year old can suck up.  I thought, this summer wasn't going to be too busy.  He had things a couple of weeks but then I should have been able to get my stuff done.  I barely went near my crafting space the entire summer.  Now, I'll admit, a few weeks I couldn't craft because I was canning (I put up 250 jars of jams, jellies, fruit butters and pickles in one week).  However, that was a fraction of the summer.  The rest was spent attempting to entertain a little one, taking him places because I wanted to entertain a little one and generally focusing on a little one.  I don't begrudge him any of the time.  I was happy to do it but I need to remember in the future that I'm not likely to do anything over the summer and so I shouldn't plan on it.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Wonderkid from this morning.
and here is him before I pulled him away from his Nintendo.

No comments: