Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kraft Explosion Memory Box

Hello Friends -


I am so excited because I finally finished a great Christmas present.  We don't always finish presents on time or we order the present but it doesn't arrive on time.  Anyway, it isn't uncommon for us to have boxes with little slips of paper or tell people that they need to give the present back so it can be finished.  This year I received one empty box and gave two.  Are we the only ones that do this?  My brother's girlfriend thinks we are crazy.  What about in your family?

Part of the reason I gave presents which weren't completed was because I decided I would rather be present for the Christmas celebrations than locked in my room completing presents.  I knew people would understand and I really wanted to sit and have our traditional glass of champagne on Christmas Eve and so on.


Anyway, back to the box. This is a picture of some of the pages. It doesn't have the final layer yet.  Doesn't it look very fun?  I absolutely love this project and the color palette.

Another shot of the inside with the top layer attached.


As you can see, I repeated the 2011 from the lid on the inside.  I'm thinking this might make it possible to do a series of these boxes.  I could do one for every year.  They would be fun all stacked up, don't you think.

All of the pictures were favorites from this last year (2011).


Here is the last picture.

I am entering this in the Kraft Journal Anything Goes Challenge.  You should check out some of the wonderful projects from the design team at the Kraft Journal.

5 comments:

Georgiana said...

Fabulolus explosion box. Love the brown (my favorite color), but that flower really grabbed my attention. Nicely done!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tracy said...

I've yet to try making one of these but they look like so much fun. :-) Yours looks wonderful with all the great pics added. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Susanne said...

What a great project - love the color scheme. I am not nimble-fingered enough to take that on.

StampDancer said...

This is wonderful! I've never made one but your project makes me want to try! Love it.
Deb M

Julie said...

Fab project - I may have to give one of these a go sometime! x