Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bah Humbug Penguin Card

Hello Friends -


I have a quick card and a quick post.  I wanted to join the fun with the ladies at Humbug Hall (they challenged us to make a Christmas project with penguins) but I've got a sick kiddo on my hands (I'm wracked with guilt right now because I'm worried I may have given the Wonderkid food poisoning or something similar.  He is sick, I'm sick and neither of us have knowingly been near any sick people.  What kind of Mommy could I be if I didn't prepare his food well.  The only thing I can come up with is not washing the cherries he ate at dinner. I don't eat meat so it can't be salmonella.)

OK, quickly on to this card so I can go to sleep.

I found a wonderful set of penguin digis from Di's Digis.  You can find her work here.  I picked up a few because the Wonderkid's new school class is the Penguins (last year he was a Bear).  I thought these might come in handy around the holidays.

I turned the card into a shape card using my circle Nestabilities.  I learned this technique from the folks over at Tiddly Inks and I'm in love with it.

I added some glossy accents to the Christmas bulbs and the hat.  I pop dotted the image and that is it.  A simple, humble offering to the lovely ladies of Humbug Hall.  Max and Ann, I hope it will meet with your approval and I'm so pleased to be playing with you all again.


3 comments:

Annie said...

Totally gorgeous - love that image. Hope your little one is better now. Sorry to be so late commenting but it's been one of those weeks - work - new grandchild and so much stuff going on plus bad Mr Blogger not allowing people to sign in at times has not helped.
Anyway better late than never.
Hope you'll have chance to join in our new challenge of acetate.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Max said...

Oh my goodness ... I hope you're both feeling much better now.
Love this cute little penguin who looks adoreable on this circle card. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank you so much for your lovely, positive comment on my first blog attempt last week. It really meant a lot! I think you're very brave doing anything linked to Christmas - I can't begin to think about that yet:) It struck me how amazing it is to hook up with like minded people, who ordinarily, I would never have met. How wonderful the Net can be... xxx