Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bah Humbug Snowflake Spinner Card

Well, the lovely ladies of Humbug Hall gave us a new challenge this week.  In classic form, I'm getting it done just before the deadline.  It is a fairly easy challenge (snowflakes) so I wanted to add a bit of a twist.  I hope you have fun with this little card, I know I did.


It is a spinner card.  I found some wonderful directions for making this at Splitcoast Stampers.  I think I've mentioned it is my go to site for tutorials on all things fun in cards.

Here is a shot of the snowflake at the bottom of the spinner.


The sentiment is computer generated.  The blue cardstock is Core'dinations, the snowflake is an SVG from SVGCuts and the debossing is a folder from Sizzix.

Finally, I decided to try something new.  I did a VERY short video of the card because I'm amazed at how quickly this thing can get going.  I used two pennies (hopefully the Wonderkid won't notice that a "borrowed" them).  I wanted to see how easy/tough it is to upload to Blogger and I wanted to see what would work and wouldn't.  I didn't add sound to it because it is short (about 20 seconds) I thought you could watch without a soundtrack.

4 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

such a clever idea and a fab card. thanks for joining us @ bah! humbug! x

Annie said...

phew been so busy this week my feet have hardly touched the ground. I only hope Mr Blogger doesn't loose my comments on people's cards like he did last week that was a nightmare.
Well you had a real treat in store for me this week didn't you? A video as well - wow - that is so cool. I love your card and I loved the video. Once you start playing with those kind of cards you can't stop.
Think you must be psychic - just wait till you see the new challenge tomorrow at Bah! Humbug! Ssssssssssh keep stum!
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Max said...

Fantastic card ... and as Ann says wait 'til you see today's challenge. Hmmmm ... wonder if there's a spy in Humbug Hall LOL!
Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Max said...

Fantastic card ... and as Ann says - just wait 'ti you see today's challenge. Wonder if there's a spy in Humbug Hall LOL!
Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT