Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lettering Delights Gift Bag

Hello Friends -

Today I needed to whip together a quick gift bag for the Wonderkid to take to a birthday party.  It was for a 7 year old boy so I didn't want it to be too babyish.  The Lettering Delights Animal Boxes and Bags were perfect. 

I cut the bag out of a 12 x 24 piece of black cardstock.  That made the entire box about 7 inches tall (not a huge gift bag but large enough to hold part of the gift).  I sized the robot to fit on the front of the bag.  


This is the inside so you can see there is a good bit of room.  I also used velcro to close the bag.  It was still sticking after the Wonderkid opened and closed the bag a half dozen times.  I used a couple of glue dots to keep it on.


Here is a side view of the bag with the robot.  All of the pieces of the robot were cut out of Core'dinations cardstock.  I wish they had 12 x 24 pieces of Core'dinations but since they don't I had to ink the edges of the bag.  I can't stand the white core showing through the edges and cuts.

Finally, here is the bag front with the flap up.

What do you think of this sweet little robot.  I, also, made the quickest card ever but I didn't take a picture because I had the Wonderkid at my feet wanting to leave for the party.  It is amazing how quickly you can make a card with that kind of motivation.

Have a good day and I hope to be back this weekend with my Bah! Humbug! creation.  It has been a fun project.


No comments: