Monday, September 5, 2011

Tiddly Inks Card


Hello Friends -

I'm back, not with the project I planned to show today but I'm back.

Today I have a card for one of my nieces.  It also is for the Tiddly Inks challenge -- Reading Fun.  I chose School Girl with School House.  The card is 5 x 7 inches.  The colored cardstock is from Core'dinations.

I pop dotted School Girl to give it a bit more dimension and add to the perspective.  I'm pleased with the way she turned out.  I feel like I'm getting a little better at adding dimension to hair.  She still needs a little something but I see some progress.

Here is School Girl, a bit closer.


What do you think of the hair?  Now, if I could just work out the shading on her face.  I would really be on a roll.

It is funny, when I was growing up EVERYONE started school the day after Labor Day.  We went to the Great Geauga County Fair over the long weekend, saw friends, ate fair food and then started school.  I didn't know anyone that started school on a day other than the one after Labor Day.  It was that way for as long as I knew and all the way through school.  Now, the Wonderkid has been in school for two weeks, already.  Many of the schools in our area have been in for a month.  So, Labor Day doesn't have that same end of the summer feel.  Add to that, we live in the South and we'll be wearing shorts for another 6 weeks and could be swimming for a month.

It certainly changes the way I think about the holiday.  It was a nice day off, I think about the meaning of the holiday, thank everyone that fought to bring us the 40 hour work week (when we can still get it) and the weekend.

So, Happy Labor Day, Y'all.

3 comments:

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

That is just gorgeous. Love how you created the background. x

Loopylou. said...

fab card hun, love the little scene you created, send us some lovely weather,its sooo cold here in the UK! thankyou for playing along with the tiddly inkers hugs Lou xxx

Four11Lady said...

You did a fantastic job.......I really love it! TFS