Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthday Cards

Hello Friends -

I wanted to pop in with a birthday card I made (actually I made 20 of these to be sent from some teachers to all their students).

The candle is from the Cricut Elmo's Party cartridge.  It has an optional face (which wasn't the look I was going for on this card).  I designed the background paper in a Subway Art style using MS Word.  Here is a screenshot of the Word doc.

As you can see on the left, each box has Happy Birthday in a different language.  I found the easiest way to do this is to build the Subway Art from the top down.  If you try to place the text boxes at different times it becomes a mess and doesn't work nearly as well.  I love the way this turned out and will probably use it for all birthday cards in different colors.  Using MS Word I can change the colors to any that I choose.

Here is a pile of the cards (about 3/4 of the final run).  I ran out of purple paper before I could finish them (don't you hate when that happens).  You would think with the amount of paper I have around here that I would never have that problem but it still sneaks up on me.  Oh well, that is what coupons are for.

I'm hoping to have a few more projects to show this week.  I'm working on a couple of design team projects which are so exciting and I can't wait to share.  I also have a bunch of projects for the Wonderkid's Fall festival.  We are making masks and I need to do some baked goods for the bake sale and cake walk.  I'm hoping to get enough done so I can actually try to do a cake.  We'll see how this week treats me.  I may be toast by the time Sunday rolls back around.

No comments: