Saturday, October 1, 2011

T shirts for a new little person

Hello Friends -

Today I have a series of t-shirts for a little guy in the family.  I should have done these a couple of weeks/months ago but I'm going with "better late than never".  While doing shirts for the new baby, I had to make something for his big sister.

Here are the brother/sister shirts.

The font I used is my favorite for little kid stuff.  It is called Kristin.  I normally make it a little wider for cutting purposes but it isn't a requirement.  You can't tell in this picture but the lettering on the t-shirt is pink on brown.  The onesie is cream on brown.  I would have liked to use light blue on the brown but I didn't have any handy.

Here is a close-up of the lettering.

One more shot of the onesie.  I think this one is simple but fun.

The little one's Dad and uncle both went to St. Ignatius (a Catholic boy's school in the same town as they live).  Not long ago, Dad tweeted the year of his son's graduation from Ignatius so I thought this would be a fitting shirt.  I used the Cricut Varsity font for this shirt.  I must say, I love that cartridge for so many different things.  I needed to put the Wonderkid's name on his soccer(football) jersey.  Instead of hauling it all off to some store where they would have charged me $1 per letter, I just cut the letters out and stuck them on.  Voila, personalized jersey.

Back to the onesies for the little one.  The little one's Dad played/s Lacrosse.  So, this seemed fitting.


Of all the shirts, this one gave me the most grief.  I didn't have too much trouble finding an SVG of the lacrosse sticks but then I wanted to arc the letters instead of putting them in a straight line.  Well, that is easier said than done.  I asked over on the SureCutsALot Users board and the wonderful Kim gave me a great recommendation.  You create what you want in Word, using Word Art, and then make a jpeg of it and trace it in SCAL.  In the end I hand placed the letters on the bottom arc.  The top arc I used the path feature.

Weeding the nets of the lacrosse sticks was a bit of a pain also.  It was a matter of being able to see each section and pull it out.  In the end, I really like the way it came out.  I'm having trouble deciding which is my favorite.

I have a few shirts in the works for the Wonderkid.  They should be a little more fun and the types of shirts other people might want to scraplift (I can't imagine anyone wanting to use these ideas but ...).

Tomorrow, I have some cards I made and some subway art I designed for a birthday.  Until then...


2 comments:

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Love your work. Have you blogged instructions on how to do these anywhere? Would love to know! Too clever! x

Annie said...

These are fabulous and such fun.
A great collection of clothes.
Ann xxx