Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Card

I probably shouldn't be so proud of this card, but I am. I know it is simple but I feel like I finally have my mojo back.  At the beginning of the week I knew I need to get some things done but I just couldn't seem to make it work (computer problems, upgrading SCAL and life didn't seem to help matters).  But now, I seem to be thinking of a hundred and one different things I'd like to make.  This card was one and it came together so quickly.  Do you ever have those days where you agonize over paper selection?  Nothing in your stash seems to be "quite right"? 

This card pairs 3 of my favorite companies -- Core'dination cardstock, Creative Charms embellishments and SVG Cuts.  The final thing I used was eerie pattern paper (jack-o-lantern). 

First came the cut.  if you haven't checked out the great products from SVG Cuts to be used with SCAL, then I suggest looking at them.  This set is called Linus' 3D Fall Cards.  Take a look at all 9 cards.  They also have a bonus with the cuts as card tops (with or without the stitch marks) and the items separate.  If I can get it cut out, I'll show you one I designed using pieces from different places.

Then came Core'dination cardstock.  I stock up on their cardstock every time it goes on sale.  Just this week I was able to buy their Nostalgia ColorCore for $15.  It has 80 sheets and 40 colors.  Hobby Lobby has paper stacks on sale every few weeks and this week I couldn't resist.  However, the two I used here are from JoAnn's.  They too have single sheets on sale, often times 4 for $1.  The only problem is I've grown frustrated with their customer service again so I've sworn off going into the store.  We'll see how long that lasts.
Here is the inside of the card.  The pattern paper is the eerie jack-o-lantern cut at 5.5 inches.  The sentiment is something I created in word and printed on velum.  I think I'll send this one to my Grandma.  It says, "I am Thankful for You".  I used Edwardian Script and Bauhaus93. 





When I first put the card together it was clear that it need just a little bling.  I decided to check my stash of Creative Charms embellishments.  As I hoped, I had just what I needed.  The eye is a gradient gem.  You can buy them here.  I used the medium shade in the amber assortment.  The flowers came in two different sets.  They looked like this

and this
This was just a small part of the October Deal of the Month.  Unfortunately it isn't available as a package any longer but I think you can find all of the pieces parts on their website. 

I'll leave you with one more picture of the full card.

No comments: