Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leaf People

The Wonderkid's school had a huge Fall Festival.  Every class was responsible for a "booth".  One class had all the toppings for decorating cupcakes, another had baby food jars with decoupage, and yet another had an obstacle course.  For the Wonderkid's class I signed up to help get this ready.  The other Mom was incredibly creative.  She found the idea for our "booth" in at a blog called Playful Learning.  Let me just say, these leaf people weren't as good as the ones done by the Mom in our class or even the kids.  I wish I had a close-up of the ones we created as "samples". 

Of course, no project is complete without a little Cricut action.  Once again, I used my SCAL for this one.  I bought the leaves at SVG Cuts.  Have I told you how much I love their products? They had 12 of the most perfect leaves for $4.99.  You order them online and they email you the files immediately.  In the middle of the night when I need something, this is a pretty good deal.  I knew I wanted to do a big banner (the classroom is about as far away from the "action" as you can get).  I kept thinking I would use heat transfer vinyl and put this on a sheet or table cloth.  Then, in the middle of the night before the Fall Festival it occured to me, a white shower curtain would be perfect.  I ran out to the local store and spent $2.50 on the shower curtain.  I had already cut out the leaves and the letters.  Voila, a banner to be seen from all over the campus.

The font on the banner is one of my "go to" fonts, Kristin.  For those of you that saw the t-shirts I made for the pastor's kids (you can see them here), it is the same font.  It is great for little kids stuff. 

So, helpful hint of the day, think about using shower curtains for temporary signs. 

No comments: