Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just a couple more t-shirts

I have a couple more t-shirts for you today and then, I think I'll take a break from the t-shirts for a while.

These t-shirts continue on the theme of personalized shirts.

The Wonderkid is in love with fire engines.  On a daily basis he informs me that he wants to be a fireman when he grows up.  So, I made him this shirt.


You can find these letters on Cuttin' Up.  The fire truck comes from Everyday Paperdolls.  Everyday Paperdolls is good for shirts and other vinyl pieces because it is fairly basic.  There aren't a lot of details and cuts that are tough to do in vinyl.  Any of the designs that require slits for details are not good for vinyl and I normally end up using hide contour to get rid of them.

The other set of shirts I want to share today were mailed off to a former pastor in Moma's church.  The pastor (Pastor Kristin) recently gave birth to her third child.  When Moma and I went off to find a present for the baby we just couldn't find what we wanted (little girl clothes are tough when you aren't a fan of pink, frills and flowers).  After a bit of searching, Moma says, "You could make something, couldn't you?".  I agreed and this is the design.


We made one for each of the kids.  The oldest, a boy, gets the gray one but if it survives him his sisters could easily wear it in the future.

Here is a close-up of the shirts.
It still looks plenty girly.


This is one of those times when I used Sure Cuts A Lot or SCAL.  On the message boards you will see folks referring to "the other program".  This is made using one of the other programs.  The name of the font is ... Kristin.  It is a great font for kids, almost as good as Mickey and Pooh font.  I ended up using the shadow function in SCAL so it would be a bit thicker and cut nicely.

I believe these shirts prove my belief that folks won't realize you designed and made them at home.  I'm fairly certain Pastor Kristin believes they were bought.  She has planned out when the kids will be wearing the shirts for the first time.  I can't wait to see pictures.

1 comment:

Beebeebabs said...

You did a great job thanks for sharing!!!