Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tim Holtz Lost and Found Birthday Card

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while.  I've been working on a number of large projects and haven't had an opportunity to stop and show things to you.  I think this will be a busy week with the postings.  I hope you like what I have in store for you.

First up... a birthday card using Tim Holtz paper, Lost and Found.  I'm a big fan of most things Tim Holtz but I'm especially excited about this paper.  He has three new stacks out but this one is the best.


If you look at the third row, fourth column, that is the paper I used for the outside of this card.  The card base is Recollections Kraft Cardstock which I bought at M's.  I like this paper because it gives the look of kraft paper without the flimsy feel.  The twine is from www.craftetc.com.  It seems fitting that it was made in Hungary given the old world look of this card. 



The inside contains a strip of this same design.  I also added a piece of Ivory cardstock from the Paper Company (recently on sale at HL).  I decided to add a full liner because I didn't want the twine from the front of the card to show on the inside.  Normally I would just add a piece on the bottom half of the page.

Here is a close-up view of the inside:
I like Irish toasts and blessings but I thought it was especially fitting given the feel of this card.

So, what do you think?

Tomorrow, we'll have another card and then I'll reveal three larger projects I recently completed.

No comments: