Monday, September 27, 2010

Birthday Card using Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante

I made this card for a friend of mine.  She celebrated a birthday recently.  She is always so fashionable and chooses all the perfect looks -- from her clothes to her house to her designs.  She is a graphic designer so I'm always a bit nervous sending her anything I've made.

The idea for this card came from OkieLadyBug,  She did a series of cards using images from Graphic 45.  Hers are much nicer than mine but it made me think about how to use the gorgeous paper they have.  I looked at it in my LSS but didn't buy any because I couldn't think of a way to use it and it isn't cheap paper.  Here are some of Okie's cards

While I'm on the topic, the ribbon on this card is also Okie Lady Bug's fault.  I think it is too big in this place but... what is a girl to do?  A couple of weeks ago Okie posted that she bought a ton of ribbon from Ribbons and Bows Oh My.  So, foolish person that I am, I looked at what they had.  It is very inexpensive (at the time they were doing free shipping but I think that is over).  I bought an assortment of browns and oranges.  This is some of what I bought.  This picture doesn't really show how nicely the ribbon picks up the color above the woman's arm.  Believe me, it works.

I think next time, I will use the ribbon like a belly band on the middle layer or maybe I'll only use the brads. 

Well, what do you think?  Do you think Okie is going to pretend she never did those inspiration cards?

No comments: