Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bah Humbug Metallic Card

Hello Friends -

Today I have a card for the Bah Humbug Christmas Challenge.  The theme is metallic.  I wasn't certain what I would do for this one when I started (it's a given I'll do my best to play with the lovely ladies of Humbug Hall).  However, while I was poking around at Hobby Lobby this week I found Quic Kutz metal sheets.  Now that I start talking about this stuff, I could have used my favorite -- aluminum foil.

Before I blather on any longer I'll show you the card.


Isn't it fun?   I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder which I ran through with that lovely metal sheet.  One bonus to using these over aluminum foil -- they have adhesive on the back.  They aren't very forgiving though.  You can see a couple of little dings in the sheet from when it was at the store.

It seemed just a little bit blank if I didn't add something to the top so I pulled out Nesties Label 11 and cut out  two of the smaller ones.  I punch two holes in the sentiment tag and added some teeny tiny little brads to make it look like an actual label.

Here is a close-up of the tag.
Getting pictures of all this metal is NOT easy.

What do you think?  The lines are clean and the embossing makes a real impression (hehehe - pun intended).

I must say, I didn't think there would be a post for today.  Life just seems to be getting in the way of my crafting.  I wanted to play with paper but I found myself messing in the kitchen instead.  The Wonderkid was responsible for his class's snack today.  I'm not one to grab the bag of crackers and send him off but they won't let me send anything with sugar (or much sugar I sort of cheated this week).

This is what I made.
and
They are pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and bread.  Now, I bake about the same way I do anything else.  I look at a recipe and think of all the ways I could do it different.  In case you haven't noticed, I'm not much of a rule follower.  So, I wanted to add the chocolate chips to this recipe because -- well why wouldn't you want to add chocolate chips to almost any recipe?  But, given the Wonderkid's school I thought I better come up with a way to make it a little more "healthy" so I substituted some whole wheat flour for some of the white flour.  I thought the little ones might not notice because of the pumpkin masking the color.  The only problem is the pumpkin didn't have a strong enough flavor so they taste a bit like corn bread muffins with chocolate chips -- not bad just not great.

The other thing getting in the way of my paper crafting

THIS MESS
I've been reading the blog of a wonderful lady in Scotland, Kath and her dog Buddy.  If you haven't had a chance to check them out I highly recommend this blog.  Every Wednesday she joins with some other ladies and shows you what is on her work desk.  Well, this disaster is what is on my work desk and it is KEEPING me from crafting.  Whenever I start using vinyl, it comes out and recently I found a need for the HTV, also. So it came out.  Then somehow every embellie in the world jumped out of the boxes.  I need to wrangle all of the St. Patrick's Day things and smash them back in their boxes since I don't think I can get away with making any more St. Paddy's Day cards.

So, I'm back to organizing.  I've been talking about getting the Nesties in order and I need to work on the embossing folders.  I feel like I need to do a google search every time I start a blog entry because I can't remember the names of most of them.  Anyway, I'll pop back in tomorrow to let you know about my progress.

Don't forget about my birthday giveaway.  You still have a couple of days to enter if you haven't already.

I'm also entering this card in Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

6 comments:

Hazel said...

What a delightful silver card - love the embossing and also that little label. And you've also got some mouthwatering yummy goodies here too. I'll look for you on WOYWW this week - see if you have cleared 'the mess' as you call it - it's more like creative chaos, which is good. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 12 - hope to see you again soon. x

the crafty duck said...

Hi what a gorgeous card, you have my sympathies for photographing anything remotely metallic!!! Looks like you have been very busy baking and sympathies for your craft room too, I can't come to terms with the fact that THERE IS NOT MUCH (IE NO) MORE ROOM FOR NEW KIT but I still try!! The only thing I have trouble with then is getting an extra hour on the day, but I'm working on that one!! Ha ha lots of love Steph

Lizzie said...

Hello, found you via your new listing on Blogging For Scrapbookers forum and thought I'd drop by.

Love the metallic card - though it's a wee bit early for Christmas, isn't it? I think the tag you added really finishes the card off - it's rather gorgeous actually!

The choc-chip-pumpkin-wholemeal-flour-healthy recipe made me chuckle. I hope the adults were happy with them - sure the kids were, as there were chocolate chips in them!

I have organisation problems too. My desk gets to that point where I can no longer function, so I have a big tidy up session. Then the mess-making begins again... Just now I'm more "challenged" than ever, since I had a recent Disaster in my studio (see my blog for full, gory details!!).
The Little Blue House recently did a nice series they called "Get It Together" - all about organising your crafting space and materials. This is the link to the first post in the series, in case you're interested: http://thelittlebluehouseblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/get-it-together-organizing-with-style.html

Annie said...

Well thank you for the pictures of your crafting space. Mine is in exactly the same state - I was crafting yesterday and couldn't find a coloured piece I'd done only minutes earlier. That has got to mean it's time to tidy up. Only trouble is that means no creating and that's sad but ah well.
Your muffins sound and look fabulous - oh my I could just eat one of those. Pumpkin? How adventurous is that - wow - I must start trying these things!
Now I really came over to look at your card but got distracted. It's a beauty - love the tag and the embossing folder you chose - they work great in combo.
Thanks for sharing all your news - really enjoyed reading this post.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeus, Kendra! I need to find some of those adhesive metallic sheets. WOW does the embossing look gorgeous on that. Thanks for reminding me about CHNC and hey, Winter Wonderland is embossing this week so you might want to pop this over there too. Hey, I hate to say your craft room looks organized compared to mine, and yes, those edgers do go in the Cuttlbug with a sandwich of B plate, die, card stock, and another B plate. No A plate this time. xxD

Max said...

Here I am ... bringing up the rear again but it's your own fault 'cos I got sidetracked reasing your posts about getting Wonderkid to sleep (he looks so squeezably delish on his journey through dreamland) ... and blogging buddies who inspire you or make you laugh ... and your crafty chaos (is there any other way to work?) ... and scrummy yummy chocolate chip goodies.
ANYWAY just wanted to say, your metallic card is wonderful and shows up the embossing to perfection - and don't worry about the wee marks on the foil 'cos what's a couple of dings between friends lol?! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT