Sunday, January 9, 2011

Black and White Sympathy Cards

I don't think it is ever easy to make sympathy cards.  However, I feel like these could go in the stash box for when I need them (except for the second one which is already on its way to some friends). I almost broke down and bought a card before I worked these two out.  The real plus to making sympathy cards, you can say what you really feel as opposed to trying to find a card that says what you want.  These worked for me, mostly because I chose the sentiments.  

OK, so here are the cards.


The paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle, Love Letters.  I got it on sale this week from their website.  It was a great price so I bought two stacks.  The scallop is from Alphalicous Cart and the circle and rectangles (card base and card topper) are from George.  I really don't know what I would do without my George cart.  It was the very first thing I ever "bought" with rewards points.  

Speaking of rewards points, I am getting a Gypsy with all of my rewards points.  I'm so excited  I have gone back and forth on whether I wanted one and thought about getting one when the price went under $100 and then this week Michaels started selling them for $50.  I'm not sure how much I'll use it, although it would be nice to set-up my E someplace that isn't immediately connected to my laptop.  If the transfer of files back and forth is as easy as they say, I think I'll be happy.  The truth is, I had 4000 rewards points sitting there and nothing to do with them.  I didn't want any of the carts they were offering and 4000 points would have gotten my 5 or 6 at least, and I really don't do "promotional" items.  If PC wants me to wear their T-shirt or hat around and advertise for them they can send it to me for free.

OK, I digress, back to the cards.  The font on the first is Calibri and on the second it is Papyrus.  The inside says, "It's so curious:  one can resist tears and 'behave' very well in the hardest hours of grief.  But then someone makes you a friendly sign behind a window, or one notices that a flower that was in bud only yesterday has suddenly blossomed, or a letter slips from a drawer... and everything collapses. - Collette"

I hope this gives you some ideas for simple sympathy cards.  Stay warm and let me know what you think.

No comments: