Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bugaboo Dottie Digi Stamp

I have another card I made with my first attempts at coloring and Digi Stamps.


This stamp is from an incredible store called Bugaboo Stamps.  I love her characters, especially some of the little boys.  She has some REALCharacters.  I love her older characters named Stella, Gus and Mildred.  I've already decided I need to buy one of the Mildred stamps to make a card for my Grandma. 

Dottie (the image in my card) was a freebie.  Isn't that nice of Bugaboo Stamps?  She does regular freebies so I recommend signing up for her emails. 

I think I did a decent job coloring Dottie given that I only have 20 pens and none of them are great for skin tones or hair.  The browns just weren't the right color.  I have one red and a slate blue.  Actually, the one color I could really work with was blue.  I'm not certain I would have made her dress blue or used that color for her boots but necessity dictated on this card.

I used a clear stamp from Inkadinkado for the sentiment.  It was a stamp I bought from Micheal's when they were on sale. 

The embossing folder is Birthday Greetings from Cuttlebug and the cardstock is Core'dinations.  I love the way the Core'dinations looks when it has been embossed. 

Thank you for checking out my card today.  I'm hoping to do a couple more challenges this week, although work and snow is really getting in the way.

5 comments:

Jodie Mackrell said...

fabulous card! love the embossing! for only having 20 pens I think you did an awesome job on coloring! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug! what a wonderful post too! thank you!

cfine said...

I think you did a great job coloring Dottie in! I love the sentiment on the card too!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a great card you made with Dottie and your coloring looks wonderful! Be sure to check back at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug, there's going to be a birthday celebration going soon on with lots of "treats" for our fans! :) Thanks for playing in our challenge at Catch The Bug!

Paul said...

Thanks for joining in with us at Catch the Bug and all the Bugaboo fun. Hope you can join us right now for more fun as we are celebrating Bugaboo's 1st Birthday with challenges, hops and loads of chances to win some goodies.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Pamela said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is so even--amazes me. The fireman below is awesome, too. I enjoyed looking through your beautiful blog.