Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kraft Family Card

I love Kraft paper and will look for almost any excuse to use it.  But this week's challenge at Kraft Journal was tough.  It isn't that I don't love my family LOTS but I just didn't have anything that I wanted to scrap.  I started looking at quotes about families which reminded me of a favorite quote.  One of my brothers sent this quote to me when I was designing t-shirts for the family vacation (anytime you get 30+ family members together for a week on a small island, you need to keep your sense of humor close). 

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family... in another city. 

I was going for a grunge look so the inking is a little messy.  I cut the heart, family and city scape from kraft paper, in addition to the card base.  The words are computer generated on ivory cardstock. 

All of the cuts were made using my cricut.  I used the Plantin cart for the heart and cityscape.  The word art Family is cut from Going Places cart.  I didn't want any bling, it just wouldn't have looked right on this card but I couldn't resist putting something on, so I added some velvet rick rack to the bottom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun sentiment for this family card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Kraft Journal challenge!

Audrey Pettit said...

This really makes me smile! Adorable sentiment and super cute use of Kraft goodies. I love the tone-on-tone look. Thanks for sharing with us at the Kraft Journal.

Tracy said...

LOL Sad but true. :-) We're so glad that you played along with us this week at The Kraft Journal. Thanks so much for sharing this fun creation with us!