Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sympathy Card for a Little Girl

This was a tough card to make.  It is a sympathy card for a tweener whose grandmother passed away recently and unexpectedly.  I didn't like any of the traditional symbols (dove, praying hands, lamb, etc).  I know that it looks like it could be a valentines card from the front. 

Here is the inside:
I thought the images on the front worked well with the sentiment. 

I also was pleased with the way the trunk turned out.  For those of you that read about my advent calendar from Christmas Village (you can see it here if you missed it), you know I fell in love with Perfect Pearls.  Well, here they are again.  I used them to make the edges of the trunk look like they are held together with metal.


I also added a piece of patterned paper to the inside of the lid so it would look like it was lined with cloth. 

This is a picture of the trunk next to the paper I used to make the trunk.  Don't you like the difference?

Then I added small brads by punching a hole in the trunk where the cut had small marks.  I used my crop-o-dile and brads from Paper Studio. 

Sympathy cards are very tough to do. What do you think? 

No comments: