Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bugaboo Birthday Bash - Place Holder

Here are a couple of cards I did for the Bugaboo Birthday Bash.  They turned 1 this last week.  I wanted to play along with all 5 challenges but between work and home and everything else I was only able to complete two cards, and even those were close.

The first card is for their Monday challenge, just blue and white.  In retrospect, I should have made the bird bigger.  I used a cuttlebug embossing folder (I think it is called sledding something) and I added a little snowflake brad.  The top just looked empty to me.




Here is a close-up of the bird.  I still only have my 20 pens so I'm limited in what I can do (luckily I have the blue pens so I was able to do this card.)


This card came out better than I was expecting.  It was based on a sketch (something I never use, normally) and I couldn't decide what sentiment to add until I saw one of the ones I had from My Pink Stamper.  I think this works wonderfully.  The little boy bug reminds me of the Wonderkid (part of the reason I was having trouble getting things posted this morning).

Here is a closer shot of him.

So, what do you think?  Don't you love the Bugaboo stamps?  One of the prizes they were giving away is a chance to design some stamps with the owner/designer.  I thought more little boy stamps would be fun.  Things in the line of this little guy.

OK, so I'm expecting a busy week next week but I've got a couple of project I want to show you.  I may start on one right now.

No comments: