Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Digi Stamps

I tried so many new things today, I'm not sure I'll be able to remember it all.  First, I tried coloring stamps for the first time.  OK, that isn't technically correct.  I have been messing around with this technique for a couple of weeks but this is the first time I felt like I could use what I did.  It was the first time I ever used a digi stamp. 

This stamp is a freebie from Little Scraps of Heaven.  She has a lot of great stuff.  I must admit, part of the reason I used this image is because I have a VERY limited number of alcohol pens.  I bought a few from an art store (Dick Blick).  It is their brand and is close to ProMarkers or Copics (although the nibs are different from the Copics - from what I can tell).  So, I only have a few so it truly limited what I could color.

I embossed the card topper with one of the 5 x 7 embossing folders in the Preserves Cuttlebug Companion set.  Who would have thought it would work for a card like this but I liked the way it turned out.  I also used some Nestabilities for the first time.  I only have one set (Labels 8) and I bought them at least 6 months ago and never figured out how to use them in my Cuttlebug.  They worked like a charm. 

Here is a closer view of the embossing and the coloring.  The sentiment is computer generated and seemed to work with the little boy.  I picture him getting ready to put out the fire on a cake.

This is the other card I did with the same image.

I used another Cuttlebug folder on this one.  I can't remember the name but it is like Swiss Dots except it is little hearts. If anyone knows the name, please let me know so I can mark it.  I cut the oval and the funky shape for the sentiment with my E.  The oval is from George cart and the shape is from Locker Talk.  I liked that the digi isn't completely on the oval but moves onto the card.

No comments: