Friday, February 25, 2011

Bugaboo Stamps Get Well Challenge

It wasn't that long ago when I thought coloring a digi was the hardest part of making the card.  Today, it was the easiest and the card part was the hardest.  I just couldn't get the cards to come together the way I wanted.  I think I might need to work on the sizing of my images. 

Anyway, the challenge was a get well card.  I have two for today.  Both of them use Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  I must say, I love coloring these stamps.  They are easy even for someone with a heavy hand like me.  The sentiment sold with this stamp said something about coffee but  I thought she looked a bit ill.  I used a rubber stamp for the sentiment, it says, "feeling under the weather?"

Here is a close-up the digi and the sentiment.  Can you believe I used pink, again?  I don't like pink but sometimes it feels like an easy color to use.  I also think I can send pink cards to lots of folks.

Here is the other card I made:
The sentiment that came with this card said, "I'm sorry".  I think he looks sad and would be sad to know you were ill.  I was trying to tie the colors of his shirt in with the sentiment block and the frame of the digi.  I feel like it needs something else.  Any thoughts?  I couldn't think of any embossing folders that would work with the rest of the card.  I looked at some design paper for a card topper but nothing in my stash struck my fancy.  I have three more colored images similar to this one (same colors just slightly different hair) so I need some ideas before I put those cards together.

 The dimensions of the little boy card is 5 x 7 and the woman is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  If you get a chance, check out all of the wonderful submissions for the challenge. I'm going to go look now, I'm guessing I'll be a bit embarrassed to even show these cards but if folks will give me ideas on what to do to make them better, it will be worth a bit of embarrassment.

I have a couple of very cool projects coming up and two challenging challenges (shaker cards and pop up cards).  Check in tomorrow and I may have a better Bugaboo digi project for another challenge blog.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Fantastic card which is sure to make anyone feel better. Thanks for joining in with Catch The Bug's Get Well Soon challenge and make sure you check out the new Sketch Challenge for this week.
TFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Awww... love those PJs, my friend has pjs just like it, will have to show her!