Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pop-Up Cards at The Cuttlebug Spot

I'm enjoying trying a number of new types of cards.  If you are ever looking for designs and tutorials, Splitcoast Stampers is the place to go. Oh my goodness, some of the things they have designed.  They are incredible and the tutorials are FANTASTIC. 

This week Cuttlebug Spot is continuing the different card folds challenges.  The challenge was a pop-up card.  Well, that sounds specific but let me tell you, there are lots of types of pop-up cards.  There is the traditional type where you open it up and something stands up, there is the type that you pull something and the card either turns into an easel card or the tag comes out and reveals another design, oh why am I telling you about all the different types.  If you don't know what they are go to this post at the Cuttlebug Spot and look at what the design team cooked up. 

I made the card inspired by Agnes.  The directions come from Splitcoast Stamper and can be found here (printed and video what could be better)?

Here is the card opened up.  It stands by itself.
Doesn't that make a fun thank you card?  Now, if you look at the papers, you might be wondering what has gotten into me.  That is a lot of pink and look, I put flowers on it also.  I stamped lovely images from Tim Holtz on the tag.  Well, here is the deal with the paper and ribbon.  A couple of months ago (maybe 6 now but who is counting?) I bought a box of stuff from Stampin' Up.  I liked the concept of inks and ribbons and paper all coordinating.  This would make it a little quicker when I wanted to make something.  Well, I bought a bunch of stuff and much of it was on sale.  I don't know what I was thinking because I ended up buying bright pink (they call it Rose) paper and ribbon.  It coordinates in a lovely way but reality, this just isn't my color.  So, I tried to force myself outside of my box and not only do a unique card fold but also use papers I wouldn't normally use. 

This shows you the dry embossing on the pattern paper.  That paper came from My Mind's Eye.  It is called Celebration Tracker.  It has a wonderful rose color so in person, it actually matches.  I'm not certain the colors look so good in the pictures.  The flowers were in my stash. 

I'm loving this card style.  What do you think?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a lovely card with so many pretty pinks. So enjoyed reading your blog so "friendly".

Cathy said...

What a sweet caard, I love pinks. TFS
Cathy
mexicopetshop@hotmail.com