Saturday, July 31, 2010

Christmas Coasters

I've gone back and forth on this challenge.  Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it.  All of the time I think there must be a better way.  

The cork I bought for the coasters is about .25 inches smaller than the coaster.  The ink smudges way too easily.  I wasn't happy with most of the stamps I have. Then when I went to seal the ink it all ran from the Kyrlon sealer.  I had to wipe it all off and start again.  I don't really like the way these turned out.  I'm not certain I'll try this again.

YOUR CHALLENGE:
Head to your home improvement store for some ceramic tiles, and create coasters for yourself!

1 comment:

BettyBee said...

I'm sorry you had such a tough time with this challenge! Staz-On ink won't run, because it is a solvent ink. It does come in colors other than black, though that is the most commonly used color. I used Bic or Sharpie markers to color in my images, and they are also permanent and don't bleed with the sealer. I hope this will make the project more fun for you...though I admit, it does take several tries to get a real crisp image sometimes! Thanks for trying, and being a really great part of the Christmas Around the Clock project at Cuttlebug Challenge!
BettyBee