Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yummy for the Tummy

YOUR CHALLENGE:

Cover your favorite chocolate bar, then post the project.


This is one of those times when I followed the directions exactly (or as close as I could without having a crimper) and it just didn't do anything for me.  It might be that I don't consider giving or getting Hershey bars to be that big of a deal.  I just couldn't imagine using this


It looks nice enough, it just doesn't work for me.

So, I went back and looked at one of my favorite boxes.  It was one of the first boxes I downloaded from someone's blog (GSuttle).  I like her box but I wanted to make it "mine".  So, I modified and tweaked and her is what I came up with

This is the correct size for 3 Ghiradelli chocolate squares.  My Costco sells them in a huge bag (great for the wallet but not the waistline).  The paper came from Hobby Lobby this week.  Normally it makes me crazy when they put the Christmas stuff up in July, this year I didn't mind because I needed some paper.  This is Paper Studio "Greetings of the Season" pack.  Hobby Lobby was having a half off sale so these were very reasonable this week.
This close-up shows the embossing with the gold I drew on the embossed image.

I'm proud of this one.  I inked the bow but not the wreath. Next time I think I might choose a green that isn't as close to the wreath for the leaves.The cut comes from Christmas Solutions cart.

1 comment:

BettyBee said...

Love the boxes!! You did a great job with the candy bar, too. I love the paper...it looks really cool, and nicely masculine, even!