Saturday, July 31, 2010

Snowflakes are Pretty

YOUR CHALLENGE:
Create a snowflake card or ornament based on Bonnie's tutorial! You can use a Cricut cut, or a stamp if you don't have the die to cut out the snowflake.... Will you make both????

I don't have the die that Bonnie used but I have some great snowflakes on my carts.  The logical place to start would be When Its Cold Outside but I know most of those cuts (this is one of the first carts I bought) and they are very intricate.  I knew I didn't want it to be too tough to lift all of the little pieces.  So, I kept looking and found this beautiful cut.


The card on the left follows Bonnie's tutorial.  I embossed the light blue piece, I stamped a sentiment on the inside.  I just didn't really like it.  It looks better in the picture than it does in person.

However, I fell in love with the card before I put the embossed piece on it.  It is clean and dramatic.  With a little bit of bling from Creative Charms (http://www.creativecharms.com/) and I love it.  The funny thing is this card would fulfill two other challenges (Capadia Design's two cards from one and Sandee's White Challenge).  I like doing monocramatic cards and I often times think in terms of two cards in one (Thank you Diane).  So, I'm going to use these two for my challenge here and do other cards for the other challenges -- now to figure out what to do for Diane and Sandee's challenges.


I removed the snowflake from the cutting mat and glued the negative straight to the dark blue card stock.  I've got the snowflake ready to add to another card.

Here is a picture of all three cards that I've made from this design.  I think folks will see more of these in the future.  I really like the way they came out.  (I'm auditioning cards for this year's Christmas list).

No comments: